I have been on a Natural Hair Journey and roller coaster for going on three years and continue to explore products in my curly hair regimen. I love natural and hair gels that are on the cheap, so I started researching how to make my own Flax Seed Gel.
Very easy to make and I get a lot of curl definition!
¼ C Brown Flax Seeds
2C Purified Water
5 Drops Essential oil
1 Tbs. Castor Oil
- Bring water to a boil in a non-stick pot.
- Add Flax and stir, reduce heat to medium high.
- Cook Flax and Water mixture and stir for 7-11 minutes, white bubbles rise to the top as the flax completes its cook time.
- Strain the mixture to separate the seeds.
- Store Flax Seed Gel in airtight container.
- Refrigerate gel to extend shelf life.
*Gel should last 2 weeks.